We invite proposals for half-day or full-day workshops and tutorials. These workshops and tutorials will be held on the days before and after the main conference: May 29, 2017 (Monday) and June 2, 2017 (Friday). They will take place at the main conference venue, the Sands Expo and Convention Centre, Marina Bay Sands Singapore. The primary criteria for selection are anticipated level of interest, potential impact, and presenters' technical qualifications.
Workshops promote informal discussion of an active research area. Tutorials involve formal presentation of the principles (e.g., tools and methodology, theoretical approach) behind an established research area. We particularly welcome creative new formats for both workshops and tutorials that increase the number of participants, encourage participants to stay for the full duration of the event, enhance discussion among participants, increase the level of interaction between established experts and early-career researchers, and make useful connections to fields outside of robotics.
- September 15, 2016: Deadline for submission of workshop and tutorial proposals
- November 15, 2016: Notification of acceptance for workshops and tutorials
- February 20, 2017: Submission of any requested final materials, including the URL of the event's website containing an updated title, abstract, and schedule
- May 29, 2017 and June 2, 2017: Workshops and tutorials held at ICRA 2017
All deadlines are 23:59:00 US Pacific Time.
- Type and duration (specify workshop or tutorial, half-day or full-day)
- Abstract (1500 character maximum)
- Content, including list of speakers (500 word maximum)
- Plan to solicit participation (500 word maximum)
- Plan to encourage interaction among participants (500 word maximum)
- Equipment (anything needed other than a projector and screen)
- Support of an IEEE RAS Technical Committee. Indicate if the event is in conjunction with a RAS TC.
Upon selection, workshop/tutorial organizers will also be required to prepare a workshop or tutorial description (one page) in time for the ICRA 2017 handout. We look forward to hosting your workshops and tutorials at ICRA 2017.